New Direction Christian Church (NDCC) is a progressive ministry located in Memphis, Tennessee. Opening in 2001, New Direction aims to empower all people to know God through life changing experiences from the inside out.
New Direction grew from 60 members to thousands in five short years under the leadership of Dr. Stacy L. Spencer, Senior Pastor. Members step out in force to minister to all of God’s people, particularly the “seekers”. In practical terms, seekers are people who’ve had little or no experience with or those who are disillusioned by traditional churches. The church’s culture of acceptance and fostering God’s love has proven extremely successful in reaching a core audience of “Generation X-ers”, with the congregation largely comprised of members ranging in their mid-30s or younger.
The church brings together seekers across all socio-economic levels – from the homeless and released offenders to the up and coming professionals and community leaders to worship together in more than 30 different ministries within the church, including GED/literacy programs, In the Zone Student Ministry, Boys to Men mentoring, Feed the Need and Prison ministry.
Become A Member
The desire to be a part of something larger than ourselves isn’t an accident. We were created to need community,
a place to belong. God intended for the local church to meet that need. He also intended it to be a place where we
discover, develop and use our gifts. More importantly committing to a local church gives us the chance to be used
by God in fulfilling His mission for our lives, our community and the world.
Four reasons we encourage church membership:
1. Commitment to a local church is encouraged in the Bible.
2. Membership identifies our family.
3. Being a part of a body of believers serves as an antidote to negative pressures in our society.
4. Commitment paired with submission to spiritual authority brings spiritual growth.
What membership means to us:
- Professing your faith in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. (Romans 10:9-10)
- Committing to the vision of the church as demonstrated by consistent, faithful attendance to a worship service and a small group. (Proverbs 29:18; Hebrews 1:24-25; Galatians 6:2; Ephesians 4:15)
- Supporting the church through regular financial giving. (I Corinthians 16:1-2; Malachi 3:8; Matthew 23:23)
- Praying for and submitting to the leadership of the church. (Hebrews 13:7; 17; I Peter 5:5)
New Member Classes
All New Members are required to complete four (4) new members orientation class. New Members Classes are held on Sundays and serves to get new members aquainted with the church and to teach core values and beliefs.
Find a New D Prayer Group Near You!!!
Click here to view Prayer Group Locations New D Prayer Groups
For direct membership inquiries, please contact Membership Coordinator, Cassandra Harris at Harris.Cassandra@n2newdirection.org.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR WATCHING NEW D VIDEO ON DEMAND
QUESTIONS REGARDING NEW D VIDEO ON DEMAND CONTENT
QUESTIONS REGARDING STREAMING VIDEO
HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT VIDEO ISSUES